About the Company:
Try@Home is an e-commerce software-based shopify solution that will transform the way brands and customers will interact. Our platform significantly helps ecommerce stores to grow their bottom line and increase consumer brand loyalty. Using our deep knowledge of how online shopping works, we achieve increased profitability for our clients, as well as enhancing customer satisfaction that creates 5-star raving fans.
We are launching on a massive scale with clients in the e-comm space of fashion, shoes, accessories, sporting, beauty, health products, homewares and more.
Based on the southern end of the beautiful Gold Coast, we are rebranding and are backed by sophisticated investors and reputable board members with a proven track history for growing and scaling successful start-ups.
Led by a driven female founder with a fast paced vision, you will contribute to the team’s positive work environment, which encourages a flexible approach to achieve united outcomes which will lead to our global expansion.
About the Role:
The Management Accountant is accountable for the company’s financial, administrative, and risk management operations. The primary role includes the development of an operational and financial strategy, conduct analyses on metrics tied to the overall group strategy, and the ongoing monitoring and development of control systems designed to report accurate financial results. The Management Accountant should be able to identify critical trends to support strategic decision making and create forward visibility.
Key duties include:
- Produce monthly management reports and analysis to aid in business decision making
- Financial analysis, modelling, and commercial analysis
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Cost and revenue analysis and KPI reporting
- Business optimisation
- Strategic planning
- Business partnering
- Process and system projects
- Prepare financial reports in accordance with all current, legal and accounting reporting standards
- Advise on financial performance of the business, underlying financial trends and provide recommendations to the CEO as required
- Prepare and present budgets and forecasts
- Assist with the project accounting and project review processes
- Assist with day-to-day working capital management, including debtor collection and creditor management, and including supporting the management of foreign exchange exposures in relation to major overseas clients
- Assist with all BAS reporting, liaise with tax accountant for tax related matters
- Assist with Company statutory and regulatory requirements, including but not limited to, supplier terms, superannuation, trademarks, registrations and renewals
- Assist with implementing system and process improvements that enhance the operational effectiveness of the finance function
- Uncovering executive-level initiatives and pain points to map back Try@Home’s solutions across multiple lines of business
- Build credible client partnerships to understand business problems and drivers, conducting feasibility studies and presenting a business case matching them to our solution
You will be CA/CPA qualified with 3+ years’ experience ideally coming from a management accounting background or be a financial accountant looking to step into a more reporting and analysis focused role. The ability to work in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment, a customer-first approach, and a positive attitude are all key. This is a great chance to join an outstanding brand as they move into the next phase of their evolution.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Strategic & Analytical Thinking
- Broad Technical Knowledge
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Knowledge of Risk Management
- Expert spreadsheet (including google sheets) skills
- High written and oral communication skills
- Strong forward looking analytical leadership
- Experience within the E-Commerce industry
The following qualifications will be considered as favourable:
- Xero experience;
- HubSpot experience;
- Shopify experience.
What Try At Home offers:
- The opportunity to join a global fast-growing tech company based on the southern Gold Coast
- The ability to have autonomy and supportive leadership focused on empowering you to influence development
- A positive work environment, where you are encouraged and supported to flourish and achieve success while changing the lives of our luxury brand customers globally
- Colleagues who are all hard-working, highly intelligent, humble, hungry and can have a laugh 😉
- Progression within a fast-growth, tech company, offering competitive remuneration and career advancement opportunities